Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Microsoft Surface Review




           I bought the 32 g Microsoft Surface in October and have to share just how much I love it! The interface is AMAZING! It's bright and colorful not to mention fun. I had no problem typing on the touch cover (which a lot of people were complaining about).Windows 8 is already uploaded on it which takes up quite a bit of space so there is only about 16 g left. However Windows 8 is so amazing I don't care how much space it takes up, you can really tell they worked hard on it being user friendly. (Though word to the wise, it is most defiantly created with a touch screen in mind so if you have a laptop with Windows 7 I would keep that in mind before you upgrade it.) Also it comes with SkyDrive (Microsofts answer to the Cloud) which means I can save as many documents I want to and be able to access them on my surface and my laptop.There is also a micro SD slot so I bought a 32 g micro SD card which gave me a lot more space and was way cheaper than buying the 64 g surface. I comes with Microsoft Essentials (Word, Power Point, Excel, and OneNote) so it is wonderful to use in class and at work. Also the battery lasts FOREVER! There is also a USB port so I can connect it to my printer, camera, cellphone etc.
            The downsides are the lack of apps available and the issues is has with connecting to public Wifi. For example whenever I go to Starbucks it takes a while to connect because the Surface will say it has a "limited" connection. The easiest way to fix this is to open up Internet Explorer and than connect to the internet, this way the home page where you have to agree to the terms and conditions will load. If that doesn't work than turn your Wifi on an off again and it usually works than. Hopefully Microsoft will come up with a patch or an update that will fix this. As for the apps after being used to being able to get every app under the sun on my iPod touch it was weird looking through the Microsoft store only to find a couple of mainstream apps and a lot of random ones I hadn't heard of. BUT this is very similar to when Android phones came out and there wasn't very many apps, now that there is a market for Microsoft apps I'm sure people will start to develop more of them. 
All in all I am VERY happy with my Microsoft surface and I use it so much it has pretty much replaced my laptop and I'm so in love with Windows 8 it has made me want to get a Windows phone. 





No comments:

Post a Comment